There are many costs associated with being a pet owner, some obvious - such as food - but others not so obvious, such as when your pet falls ill or gets in to mischief. Pet insurance can help to cover some of these unexpected costs - and relieve what can be a stressful situation for the owner.
What cover can pet insurance provide?
Apart from needing to pay for possible treatment for your cat or dog, you might also need to pay for lost and found advertising, emergency boarding (should you need to go in to hospital), or for any damage your dog causes to someone else's property.
Here at PETtrac we have introduced our own pet insurance scheme to give pet owners extra reassurance all year round.
PETtrac Pet Insurance features:
- A choice of vet fee limits up to £12,000 per year, plus the option to spread the annual premium over 12 months at no extra cost
- Up to £1,500 emergency kennels or daily minding fees, per year
- Up to £1,500 advertising and reward costs
- Up to £1,500 loss due to theft or straying
- Up to £1,500 death due to accident
- Up to £1,500 death due to illness (maximum age 5 years)
- Up to £5,000 holiday cancellation (£75 excess), per year
- Up to £500 accidental damage to third party property (£75 excess), per year
- Up to £500 loss or accidental damage to pet accessories (£50 excess), pet year
- Optional overseas travel cover
- Optional third party liability cover for dog owners up to £2m per event (£250 property damage excess)